Welcome to Est. 1999, the official blog of Abraham Translations. As is perhaps easy to surmise, the name of this blog reflects the year that Abraham Translations was founded.
It all began with the correction of a few texts that had been translated by another time-pressed translator. Within the year, translating had become my main source of income; now, it has long been the only way I put bacon on the table.
I am rather proud of many of the projects on which I have worked.
Est. 1999, basically, is a visual confirmation of past projects, a blowing of my own horn, a presentation of translator-related topics, and an occasional departure into other areas that I deem worthy of presenting. Enjoy.

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Hartmut Jahn: Babylon Circus

 
(ISBN-10: 3936711909 / ISBN-13: 978-3936711905) Hardcover, 144 pages and with a DVD; texts by Jan Berg, Thomas Macho, Kersten Glandien, Rudolf Frieling, Niclas Glück, Dieter Daniels, Peter Wensierski, and Hartmut Jahn. Published by Cornerhouse Publications & Verlag für moderne Künst, Manchester/Nüremberg.
This publication from 2005 took a then-comprehensive look at the works and films of the German author, film-school professor, film director, and film producer Hartmut Jahn (born 1955 in Hanover). I was one of two translators to work on the project, both of whom are listed in the book's imprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment